Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael's Gone...


Okay so I was gonna do a post on something else because I'm seriously behind, but I just wanted to get this out. Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, the gloved one, the legend himself, etc etc...he's gone. I was having an alright day today. Got a few errands done, nice sunny day, and I come home to find out that one of, if not the best, entertainer of our time to ever grace a stage is gone. Ain't that some shit?

I remember talking to my father about how great Michael really is. How there will never and I mean NEVER be another entertainer like him. He was great. It's just that simple. I believe in reincarnation but somebody like Michael? I doubt he will come back to this earth, not during my lifetime anyway. I was reading my sister's website where she wrote an excerpt about Michael. An excerpt that summed up just how much of a legend that Michael really was:

I remember recently going shopping and as I searched through the racks; Billie Jean came on. Believe me when I say that everyone, from the cashiers, to the sales reps, to the other shoppers, were all singing along. By the time we got to the trademark “Hee-eee” we were so into it we didn’t care who saw us. That’s the power Mike had. Its expanse stretched to having people faint at his concerts in Japan, to just having a bunch of women wild-out in a store when his music was played, decades after it was first created. (niftychristian.com)

Name one entertainer today who can do that. Jay-Z? Beyonce? Kanye West? HA! None of them muhfuckers can hold a candle to Mike. They weren't fit to wash his drawers. So many artists, from all genres, have been touched and influenced by him. All imitators, but no matter how well anyone copied Michael's style, dance moves, etc, NO ONE could do it like the man himself.

Most importantly, Michael's music is timeless. Ten more years from now people will still be singing 'Smooth Criminal', 'Rock with you', and the list goes on. I admit, that being born in the late 80s I don't have as great an appreciation for Michael like my sister or my father, but I wasn't numbed by his loss any more than they were. I still can't believe it. What kills me is that my six year old nephew will only know Michael from afar. He'll never have the pleasure of seeing a performance from Michael on tv and feeling that familiar sense of excitement that us fans of MJ (which is most if not all of the world) know so well. All I can do is expose him to Michael and hope he gets a small ounce of the love everyone had for the king.

The throne is empty and it will not filled for a very long time. Many people will try to take the crown but alas, they won't be good enough. No one can say Michael Jackson was not among the greats. Whether you believe in an afterlife or not, I hope he's there looking just like that picture of him above. I want to remember him just like that. I always felt like I could never call myself a true MJ fan...not until today. I've watched Moonwalk countless times, seen Thriller even more (I remember I was so scared when I first saw it as a child, that I watched it through the spaces of my fingers lol), fell in love with Billie Jean and Rock with you (2 of my all-time favorite Michael Jackson songs), hell I even saw his more recent mini-movie Ghost. Yet all those times, I didn't feel like a true fan...not until I actually felt saddened when I saw the reporters on CNN discussing his death. That's when I realized just how much of an impact he's had...seeing as I usually feel nothing when celebrities pass away. I felt like I knew MJ though....I'm sure a few of you crazies feel the same way and then some lol.

Coming down to the end of his life, it was plagued with health, financial, and legal issues. For the record, I do NOT think Michael was a pedophile. I made jokes here and there you know, but that's cause I'm a joker. I tease everyone. However, the whole Michael and little boys thing just seemed so orchestrated to me. I'm not going to go into detail because I'll be here all night, but people were probably trying to take advantage of Michael his whole life. Why wouldn't they? The man was and still is the biggest name in the world. All I know is, I better not see the people trash-talking Mike, calling him 'Wacko Jacko' and shit (that name probably came from those nasty UK paparazzi), turn around and start boo-hooing talkin' bout "Oh Michael! You'll be so sorely missed!" blah blah blah BULLSHIT! That's an insult to his memory in itself you insensitive fucks. Don't be try'na run out and buy his 25th anniversary album just because he's dead. Just don't say SHIT. Damn hypocrities.

Let me rap this up. To my uncle who stole my sister's special edition Thriller album and tried to pass it off as his by having the BALLS to put his name on it, I no longer care for you as a person (never did actually) and you can choke on a fat dick. To everyone who really loved Michael and his music, have yourself a little mourning vigil. I know I will lol. I'm bout to play 'Billie Jean' right now. *Muah* Rest in peace Michael, they can finally 'leave you alone' (subtle MJ joke-> his real fans will get that ;)).

No comments:

Post a Comment